CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Standing Firm

A peek inside my "strange" mind... Yesterday, I saw a piece of my hair attached to something...blowing... I saw it, then I didn't... it would at times blend in with the background and then I would see it again... Any way this led me to thinking about something....
About how at times in our lives we can be "blowing in the wind" or "tossed among the waves"... Are we blending in with our culture? Are we being swayed? Do you have times you feel like you are drowning in your circumstances or life? See Eph. 4:14 & James 1:6.

Honestly, if we are not standing firm (Gal. 5:1; 1 Cor. 16:13), putting on the full armor... if we are not abiding in Christ, it can be so easy for us to start to blend in... It wouldn't be all at once but little concessions here and there and all the sudden we are all the way down a road we are not even completely sure how we got on... Am I making sense to anyone? Allowing ourselves to be swayed by persuasive speech or our fleshly desires... To be swallowed up by the cares of this world and drowning in our present circumstances with no thought for our eternal future.

I pray my brothers & sisters you are standing firm and holding fast to what the Word has taught us (2 Thess. 2:15)... Be on guard and put on the full armor of God... that is how we can truly live, live free and experience the abundant life Christ came to give us. Seek Him and hold fast!
(Check out Jesus's comments on John the Baptist and his standing firm in Matt. 11:7-10).

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails