CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Healing... and the Word

First let me start off by asking you to pray for me... I am not feeling very well today and so this will be a brief post. Also I would love to encourage you to scroll down on the right side of my page to Things you should check out and take a listen to Walk in the Word (James MacDonald's message) from yesterday and today. Also interestingly enough John MacArthur has a message that ties into it - see the link Grace to You and go to today's message. Or click on the titles I listed and that should take you there too.

Feeling as I do ... how appropriate for God to take this opportunity to point a few things out to me in Scripture... I was reading Matt. 9:1-8 earlier, when it came to me in regards to this passage... What do I desire more of God... to be healed (physically) or spiritually? When I am seeking after God what am I seeking after Him for? Is my prayer time and time in the Word constantly for myself (my current condition, circumstances) or is it for eternal purposes? I know that the Lord cares about me and about my day and the things I am going through... but what do I care more about? Myself or Him? I guess what I am trying to say is that the heart of the issue that is bugging me is am I seeking God out of wrong motives? Am I seeking God for what He can do for me, through me, or in me; more than I am just seeking to know Him and love Him more?

LORD forgive me for those times when I am so self-focused and my motives are wrong as I come to you... I can be so selfish and fleshly at times and it grieves me because I know it grieves you. Lord I stand back and question myself ... what is it that I do for you? Do I love you wholeheartedly? Honor you? Obey you? Serve you? Live for you? LORD I want too do all those things and I pray and ask for you to empower me to do so! Help me to daily die to self and to live for Christ. Gal. 2:20. LORD let it all be for the glory of YOU!!! Amen.

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails