CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Golden Rule - Matt. 7:12

Ok now that I have been REAL with you... (see previous post) let me be a little more real in what God is teaching me. Sure most of us have heard the Golden Rule and maybe we think we are living by it...
This morning as I was meditating on this nugget of truth when it hit me... deep down I have a fundamental problem here. See I may in general do unto others as I would have them do unto me BUT... ah there in lies the problem, "in general" is not always. I may be polite, courteous, kind, thoughtful, loving but I am not always all of those things... I can at times be critical, judge, put myself (my wants, needs, desires) ahead of others and even more importantly God. See most of us recall the first part of the verse but do you remember the last part? It says that all that is taught in the law and by the prophets is summarized in this... ALL OF IT! Just think about some of the things that are in the law and the teachings of the prophets... It really all does come full circle back to this (see Matt. 22:37-40) to loving (putting) God first and loving others... which Christ has told us and shown us by his self-sacrificial love...
It sounds so simple (loving others) and yet why do we find this so hard to do? Maybe because none of us are perfect and we are all different... but more importantly maybe it is because we are more self focused than God & others focused. We have a greater love for ourselves than we do God and others (that may sound harsh but I have found it to be true)... When we view it in that light, oh what grievous sin it is!
How am I any better than the prideful ones who came before me... How am I any less sinful? As you think back to the beginning and the fall of Satan, what was his great sin? PRIDE! He had such a great self love and put himself above God... He thought he was greater, mightier and more powerful than his Creator!!! WOW! Maybe we like to think oh we don't ever do that... but let's call sin what it is sin and pride when we see it... For pride is sin and it is deadly... and are we not prideful when we seek our own way and reject God's.... when we say no to Kingdom things and yes to worldly ones... When I think I know what is best for me above what God has said and that I have a better plan and outcome for my life than what God desires for me. How prideful to think that way... that I who am but dust can even come close to the sovereignty of the Living God- the Creator of all things! Oh LORD forgive me!
God beyond a shadow of a doubt knows what is best for my life... He can see the BIG picture and not the microscope view I have upon this earth... Do not believe the lies of the enemy, God does have what is best in store for you, he does have plans to prosper you and give you hope and a future (Jer. 29:11)... God does work out all things for good (Rom. 8:28) for those of us in Christ.
Give God all of your heart, mind, soul & strength (Mark 12:30) - love Him whole heartily and give Him all the glory for He alone is worthy! He will not fail you and He will not forsake you... Our God is good all the time - He is good!


0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails