CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A hope and understanding that fails not

Psalm 25 -
2in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame...3No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame...4Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
5guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long...

7Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.
8Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
9He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
10All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.
11For the sake of your name, O LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great...

15My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
16Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.
17The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish.
18Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins...

20Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
21May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.


Have you come to a point in your life where you felt as David did? Have you ever had a time in your life where you wondered "Why God?"... why me (as maybe Moses wondered), why now, why here, WHY....? David cries out to God... he places his hope and trust in Him and he tells us that no one who does so will ever be put to shame (v. 3). He prays for the LORD to guide him and teach him to walk in His ways and His truth... to teach him. He prays and ask for forgiveness and declares that the LORD is good and upright... that all of the LORD's ways are loving and faithful for those who keep His covenant. ALL of the LORD's ways are loving and faithful for those who are truly seeking Him and endeavoring to walk in His ways! ALL OF THEM... even if we can't see it at the time. Even if we like David feel lonely and afflicted and have great troubles upon our heart... God can and will free us - He is the only one who can, the only one who saves.... He is who we take refuge in and trust in and hope in ... He is all that we need, because our hope is in Him we will not be let down!!! Trust Him!

That is what I keep hearing from the Word and what the Spirit keeps leading me back too... Trust, hope, faith... love. I keep getting another reminder... His ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts (Isa. 55:8). He is not a human that He would think like us; that He would become tired or weary in doing good ... we cannot fathom His understanding (Isa. 40:28). He is the LORD, the everlasting God, the Creator... his ways are not ours...

I say all of this to say... we cannot always know or understand why we are going through what we are going through, or where the Lord has us today... but that we can trust Him to do what is best for us, as we are seeking Him and following His ways (Rom. 8:28)... He desires the greatest good for our lives... not the fleeting temporary happiness, but our greatest good - for all eternity and upon this earth.

Do we think that we serve a Lord who does not understand? (Heb. 2:10-18; Heb. 4:15-16). I say to you He not only understands... for us He endured much more! (Isa. 52:13- Isa. 53:1-12). Are you lonely, despised, afflicted, rejected? Are you suffering? Oh beloved He understands!!! Cry out to Him, cry out to Jesus! May He comfort you, free you from your anguish and be gracious to you. May you rest and take shelter in Him who intercedes on your behalf and who has endured and done much for you to live free, to know and to love him! Call out to Him today... He is near!

Oh most gracious and loving Father, come and comfort us now and draw us ever closer to you. Help us to trust in you to guide us and to provide for us and to lead us...even when we cannot see what lies ahead... let your Word be a lamp unto our feet and a light for our path; that with each step we take, we take it in faith and following so closely to you that we cannot stumble. Hold us close and bring us LORD deeper and deeper into a loving, growing relationship with you. For you oh LORD can do anything! Nothing is impossible with you!!! You can even bring life to dried up bones! Breathe a fresh word of hope and life into us today! Amen. (Ezekiel 37:1-14; Psalm 119:105; Luke 1:37).

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails