CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Speaking Truth & Love

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? ~ Gal. 4:16
This has been heavy upon my heart today... Whoa to us who knows what we should do but we do not do it! (See James 1:22-25) There are areas that people call gray areas... that might be true, however there are areas people would like to say are gray areas that are not according to the Word. I pray that the Holy Spirit would convict us of any of these areas, gray or otherwise that grieve Him! When we are confronted with sin may we repent.
Following the path of righteousness may not be easy; it will go against worldly and mainstream ideas, even against what our own flesh desires... but still it is what we should and are called to do. We are called to live differently than the world. We are called to glorify God... we should desire to be pleasing, honoring and obedient to Him. In living for God and following the path of righteousness we will be blessed... maybe in the here and now, definitely when we come into His Kingdom. Not that we should do the right things for blessings... We should live righteously because God came wrapped in flesh, He lived among His Creation, He suffered, He died and He rose again that we might have eternal life with Him... that our sins would be forgiven and we would be put in a right relationship with Him... that we would love, obey and glorify Him, our Creator.
After all He has done for us is this asking too much?! Is it too much for us to obey Him? Is it too much for us to strive to please Him and not grieve Him? I think not.
I say this that the Holy Spirit might be at work among us... that we may encourage, build up, strengthen, and bring glory to the Father. Please take a moment to read some of the following verses:
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. ~ Ps. 139:23-24

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails