CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Amazing Love

God's love is so amazing to me... I don't even know if we can fully grasp it in our humanness?! I was reading in Hosea 11 & 14 today as well as in Ps. 81 ... and it so touched my heart.
If you have time please read all of these chapters if not please at least read the ones I paste below, notice my emphasis on certain verses:
Hosea 11
1“When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.
2But the more I called Israel, the further they went from me. They sacrificed to the Baalsand they burned incense to images.
3It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them.
4I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.
5“Will they not return to Egypt and will not Assyria rule over them because they refuse to repent? 6Swords will flash in their cities, will destroy the bars of their gates and put an end to their plans. 7My people are determined to turn from me. Even if they call to the Most High, he will by no means exalt them. 8“How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I treat you like Admah? How can I make you like Zeboiim? My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused.
9I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim. For I am God, and not man—the Holy One among you. I will not come in wrath.
10They will follow the LORD; he will roar like a lion. When he roars, his children will come trembling from the west. 11They will come trembling like birds from Egypt, like doves from Assyria. I will settle them in their homes,”declares the LORD.
Hosea 14
1Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God. Your sins have been your downfall!
2Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to him: “Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips....We will never again say ‘Our gods’to what our own hands have made, for in you the fatherless find compassion.”
4“
I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.
9Who is wise? He will realize these things. Who is discerning? He will understand them. The ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them.
Psalm 81
9You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not bow down to an alien god.
10 I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. 11“But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. 12So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.
13“If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways,
14how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!
15Those who hate the LORD would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever.
16But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”
The LORD has loved us, He has called us and He forgives us... He has led us with cords of kindness, ties of love... He has fed us. And yet we are a rebellious people, prone to wander from Him, prone to turn from Him... Yet He is full of compassion and when we turn to Him, His arms are flung wide open welcoming us home! He heals our waywardness and loves us freely - for He is GOD and not man - the Holy One among us!!!! How amazing is His love!
Let His love wash over you today... call out to your 'Abba' Father!

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails