CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Compelled by Truth

Ahhh... I just want to share with you what has been on my mind and heart ... It grieves me to no end when people are led astray or mislead in some way about Jesus, God, the Word... I am consumed with a righteous anger. I am grieved for those who are misled and for the one misleading them, who has been led astray. (Isa. 9:16)

Scripture tells us that teachers will be judged more strictly... It warns those that teach/shepherd to be very careful, true to the Word and message of the Gospel, for you will be held accountable.

Paul said "...for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" (1 Cor. 9:16). For me, I am compelled to truth... that people know, understand and believe what is true... Woe to me if I do not speak Truth! That is how I feel... sometimes this burns so strong in me, it is almost consuming... and hard for me to keep my mouth shut. I have to be careful though that when I speak I am speaking in truth & love... that I am speaking in accordance with the will of the Father and not out of my fleshly self ...

It is interesting that Scripture declares “Is not my word like fire,” declares the LORD, (Jer. 23:29)... It is absolutely... however Scripture also says that "The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell." (James 3:6) The Word of the LORD is a holy, righteous fire... one that separates light from darkness, truth from deception.... James is talking about a different kind of "fire"... how we stumble in many ways and need to learn self control - esp. over our tongues... because our words can either build up or tear down, they can be light and truth or full of evil poison.... May the fire that I am consumed with be a righteous one and may the Holy Spirit enable me to control my tongue and speak only truth in love... rebuking but encouraging... not judging but restoring...

I pray that if I am ever led astray in what I believe that a brother or sister will come along side and speak truth to me & gently restore me. We are called to do that... and we should be prepared to do that with a right heart, not a prideful heart... careful too least we stumble. It says in 2 Tim. 4:2 - "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction."

I say all this just to share with you who I am, what I have on my mind, and for you to pray and keep me accountable.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me!

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails