CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Power of Prayer

I just recently finished reading Frank E. Peretti's book This Present Darkness. If you haven't heard of it, basically it is fiction that deals with evil & good at war in the world... the side we see as we go about our daily lives and the side we don't see (demons & angels).

I came away from it really thinking about the power of prayer. I know that at times I do take for granted the great power we have in prayer... Do I really believe that prayer is powerful?! Do you? We are told in Scripture that it is so... and yet do we live prayerful, power filled lives? The Word exhorts us to pray at all times, in all circumstances, to pray for the Saints... to pray! To put on the full armor of God wielding the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word and to pray!!! Combined together as I have heard Beth Moore say it is like wielding a stick of dynamite! It is powerful!

Prayer keeps coming up .... and I have to say, Lord I hear you and I am listening! The LORD is waking me up so to speak in regards to prayer... to really seeing prayer the way He sees it, to be faithful in prayer... to understand we truly are at war here - and it is an unseen war that is being waged... flesh/sin against the Spirit, and if you will - yes, even the angelic against the demonic.

Realizing we are at war is only the beginning... from there we must take action. We must learn how to fight this unseen war... How to put on the full armor, to pray. We must not only learn it in our heads but in our hearts and then be faithful, obedient to do it!

I encourage you to look up verses on prayer... and to believe! Believe in our Mighty God and that His Word and promises are true... believe that He listens, believe that He answers... believe even when you can't see ... Prayer is powerful!

Standing on the promises of God!


0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails