CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Micah 2

I was chatting with a friend this morning and we got into a discussion about modern day false teachers (in the church)... (And of course then God decides to follow up the discussion with me) As I was reading Micah 2, which then reminded me of Isaiah 30... which then led me to feeling led to write this note... and if I thought I was just thinking it in my head God then went and confirmed it when I logged on and my K-love verse of the day was: ... Obedience is better than sacrifice ...~ 1 Samuel 15:22, NLT

SO GOD! He cracks me up and just makes me smile! Well enough with the intro and down to the point... Check out Micah 2:6-7 and then Isaiah 30:8-15, 18-21 and also see 2 Timothy 4:3.

We are in a sad and sorry state when the Word is not "good" to us... when we reject it and want to hear our own brand of truth. How true it is that if we are seeking the Lord and walking in His ways His Word is good to us...and yet when we are in "rebellion" and are doing wrong we do not want to hear it. We only want to hear what confirms what we believe, want or desire in our sinful state... and there are those out there in the church (false teachers) who will tell us these things, who will mislead us, and give us just enough truth to cover the lie... Some won't even use scripture to propagate their "religion", some will use scripture but take it out of context and misuse it to make their point (not God's)... However we should be very aware of this... if their teachings do not match up with who God says He is and what God's Word teaches then they are making up their own religion, their own god... and this will not save you. They will make it all about works... health, wealth and prosperity will come to you if... IF that was all true then why would Christ have had to come and die for our sins!!! (Buy the way may I point to the life of the Apostle Paul... I do not believe that he would agree with that statement, his life and the life of the other disciples says that is not true. Our true wealth is in knowing God). Christ did the work!!! It is by grace we are saved not by a check list and good behavior... It is because of what Christ did on the cross... He died for us while we were in our sin... it is because of what He did and because of the love and relationship that we have with him that we do good works... it is not to achieve salvation but out of love! And yes, these false teachers will have to stand before God and answer to what they have done... but does all the blame lay at their feet? Do we not have the ability (esp. in this country) to read the Word of God for ourselves, to test and know what is truth.... For it is truth that will set us free (John. 8:32)... When we are captive to sin, we need Truth, we need Christ...He is the one who will lead us out of captivity and guide us to freedom that can alone be found in Christ Jesus, our Lord & Savior! Praise be to Him forever and ever! Amen.


3 Remarks:

April said...

I wrote this on July 25, 2008 on another site.

jennyhope said...

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are on here!!!!! I just got home so maybe we can talk blog stuff tomorrow!!! YAY!

NYC said...

I was just on Jenny Hope's blog where she mentioned that readers should drop by and say hi, hi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails