CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Judging Others - Matt. 7:1-6

http://www.ebible.com/bible?source=NIV&query=matthew+7%3A1-6
Take a look at Matthew 7:1-6 (click link above to see verses).... Not too pleasant a thought is it; as you read the first two verses (well maybe not for you but for some of us)... I like to think "oh I don't judge others", but if you peel back the layer of sin/self and look for it, yep there it is - the truth! Maybe by "worldly" standards I might not judge others but according to the only standard that really matters (God's) I do. Believe me I don't want to be judged by the measure I sometimes impose upon others... So what do I do - I pray and know that God is faithful to help me overcome this "speck" or "plank" in my own eye...

I also took note while studying this scripture passage that it is not teaching that judgements should not be made (see v. 5) but it is pointing out to us not to be a hypocrite... do not be habitually critical and condemning of others when you yourself have a "plank" in your own eye! Do you focus more on others inadequacies than their good qualities and yet expect others to over look your failings and see you in a gleaming way? Humm... maybe that is something to think about if so... however I know that there are those of you that this does not apply to at all - so I ask you to pray for those of us that fall behind in this area. Your prayers are always needed and appreciated. I would love to hear your feed back on this and any thoughts you have on verse 6!


0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails