CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Matthew 5:13-16

Take a look at Matthew 5:13-16. Ponder it for a bit...
http://www.ebible.com/bible?source=NIV&query=matthew+5%3A13-16

What does salt do? Preserve & enhance... We as Christians are the salt of the earth... We should create a thirst - a deep desire for others to want to know our God & what sets us apart. These verses ask us to stop and examine ourselves... what good is "salt" if it doesn't enhance? What good is "salt" if it doesn't preserve? Maybe you ask...enhance what, preserve what?

The "world" is watching let them see that you are different. Make your light shine bright for all the world to see - do NOT hide it! Encourage your brothers & sisters in the Faith; be an active & useful part of The Body of Christ (The Church); seek to bring the light that we hold and cherish to the lost... that they may be saved by the power of the Spirit and the grace of God... we should desire to tell the Good News! But do we? Do we deeply desire to see others saved (to see them come to know God)? Do we care about loving and serving our fellow brothers & sisters in Christ (The Church)? Or do we care more about ourselves and the things of this world?

I ask this because I desire to be God-focused; to live for Him; to obey & follow His Word... And yet, like Paul stated in Romans 7 - many times I find myself doing what I do not want to do instead of what I desire to do. I fall into the trap of self/worldly focus... and oh how miserable that is! However, when I am abiding and living according to the Spirit... what joy, what peace, love, thanksgiving - fruit is born in my life & walk! I am given strength to do and be who I could not in my own fleshly self & fleshly desires be... For the Holy Spirit comes and enables me to be all that God created me to be for His glory! Praise be to God!

It is my prayer for you & for me to be filled & strengthened, to be changed by the Holy Spirit that we may be salt & light to this dark world we live in... all for the LORD's glory, His honor & Name! Amen.


2 Remarks:

Maryanna said...

Hey April, it's Maryanna. I'm so glad Jenny told me about your blog. It's awesome. Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogsville! love your blog, and will be back to read more. We have an awesome family here, and we are glad to have you aboard!! BTW- Malachi is one of my favorite books..well I like the prophets as a whole..but love this!

Love in Christ Princess to Princess! (came over from jennys- don't you just love her!?! and get to be a real friend..me i am a blog sista)

Related Posts with Thumbnails