CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Friendship

My heart is heavy as I write tonight... I am not even sure what I came on here to write about except that I felt compelled to come here tonight and write... I guess what I am thinking about on a positive level is the great friendship that God has extended to us... that we can come and know Him; love Him; fellowship with Him... talk with Him (pray), on and on... Also, I feel so blessed by the godly friends that the Lord has brought into my life... being that we are eternal beings in Christ... I know that we are linked together and will share this love (of Christ); this fellowship for eternity even if on this earth they have been brought into my life for but a brief time... there are others however that the Lord has placed, etched deeply into my earthly life, into my heart... they are a treasure... a joy and a blessing.

Have you ever experienced such deep and true friendship? The kind that encourages; the kind that helps you become the you God created you to be; they speak truth in love to you; they celebrate with you; mourn and grieve with you; it does not matter the distance that may separate you, for they are in spirit there with you.... They pray for you; stand up for you; laugh with you; rejoice with you; cry with you... and they desire the absolute best for you (what the heart of God desires for you). Precious, precious are these treasures... those who come along side you in prayer, fellowship, bible study, encouraging you always in Your walk to keep your eyes, your heart focused upon Christ.

These friendships are a true treasure, a special gift... they are what the Word calls us to and a glimpse of the something more than the ordinary in our human lives. And the thing is that with God we have been given even more than this... what He offers us is so much more than this, that it is mind boggling! Praise be to the Father who has blessed us His children with every good thing in Christ Jesus. Praise be the Savior who laid down His life for us... that we might be saved, that we might know Him. Praise be to our Lord Jesus who intercedes for us ... Who has bathed us in prayer, who knows our names, who knows our hearts, who knows our needs, and who listens to us when we call! Praise be to Him for He is worthy of all praise!

Yes, my heart is heavy for I am grieving for a loved one right now but I am not defeated ... I am thankful for I know my God is in control; I have joy because I know He works all things out for good and that nothing can ever separate us from His love; I am content despite circumstances because I know He knows what is needed and He is our Provider and our Rock... I choose faith, I choose love, and I have hope... My God is a mighty and an awesome God... there is no other - He is the Great I AM! Praise you Father, Praise you!!!

And if you are one of those treasured friends in my life reading this right now... know that you are loved, you are treasured and you are prayed for... Our God is good, all the time - Our God is good!!!

Praise Him,

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails