CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Digging In with Excitement

I am sooo pumped... Have you ever started a bible study and right off the bat you know this is exactly what you need to hear & learn about, etc... It strikes a deep cord within you. Well that was me yesterday... I read through the forward and the introduction to Beth Moore's bible study on Esther and then listened to the intro session.

It hit me in a personal way and I knew the Lord was using it to speak to me, to my heart. This doesn't always happen when I start a study but I love it when it does... I am sooo excited to dig into the Word and this study and to see what He wants to show me about Himself, about me... to learn, to grown and to praise Him. I just know He is up to something good (isn't He always) ... what I mean is I know He is going to do something amazing through this time - to me, to my heart... in revealing more of Him in a unique and special way.

As you may realize God isn't really mentioned in the book of Esther or as it is also known as the Megillot (The Five Scrolls, Megillah). Even though He isn't mentioned His hand is obviously at work throughout the book... it is showing us the character of the unseen God. In a way this book should help us to look at our lives - the ordinary days and see that God is there as promised, He is very involved and is working all things out for good according to His plan and purpose for those who love Him. (See Romans 8:28). Praise Him!!!

Ok, I just had to share & now I am off to dig in!

Joyfully,

2 Remarks:

jennyhope said...

GIRL IT IS SO GOOD!! HANG ON FOR THE WILD RIDE!!

Warren Baldwin said...

Interesting that you would refer to the Megillot. I have a book that applies the Five Scrolls to ministry called "Five Smooth Stones for Pastoral Work" by Eugene Peterson. Very good book.

I've enjoyed the visit here. You have a good blog and you are a good writer. If you get a chance, Please visit Family Fountain sometime, my blog dealing with family life and matters.

Thanks, Warren

Related Posts with Thumbnails