CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Victorious!

Last night before I went to be I felt led to read out of Ps. 32... Verses 7-8 stood out to me and I wanted to share my thoughts on it with you.

For you are my hiding place;
you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory.
The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advice you and watch over you."
Psalm 32:7-8 (NLT)
When I read verse 7, Col. 3:3 immediately came to my mind.
"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."
Col. 3:3
It also reminded me of the victory we have in Christ:
"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Cor. 15:57
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."
Romans 8:37
"for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."
1 John 5:4-5
First let me encourage you to look up these verses and read them all in context... there is so much more to all this than what I have time to say right now... But in the simplest way - these thoughts, these words brought me peace, hope, and a joy beyond my understanding. I am hidden with Christ in God, the LORD is my hiding place!!! He protects me and in the NIV v. 7 says he protects me from trouble and surrounds me with songs of deliverance! NASB says God preserves me from trouble and again says deliverance. God delivers, God saves, God gives us victory!!! Oh, let that sink in!
In Christ we are more than conquerors! We are victorious!!! Victorious over death, victorious because there is nothing that can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus! We can overcome the world! Victory! Victorious - shout it out, let it sink in deep into your heart & mind & spirit... We are free - we are loved - we are safe - we are secure - we are protected - we are victorious in Christ Jesus!!! Oh how sweet is that! Again, I say let that truth penetrate deep into your heart!
And lest I forget v. 8 - He will guide us along the best pathway for our lives, He will advice us and watch over us. What have we to fear?! Oh, blessed, blessed are we! Open your ears to hear and your eyes to see... abide & let the Spirit led you & advice you. He will show you the best way!
My prayer for you & I today comes from Phil. 1:9-11.
How great and awesome is our mighty God! He who saves! He is the Eternal, Everlasting God - full of mercy and a love so great we can not even fathom it! Seek Him, know Him and love Him more and more every day!
To Him be the praise and the glory forever! Amen!


0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails