CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Boldness in Truth

Hello! I hope you had a blessed Easter - praising our Risen Lord!!! I have been reading in Thessalonians the last few days... and many things have stuck out to me. Alas, I do not have time to really get into the meaty stuff right now with you... but there are some awesome insights and instructions!

I just wanted to share with you briefly a few that stood out to me...

"but after we had already suffered and been mistreated in Philippi, as you know, we had the boldness in our God to speak to you the gospel of God amid much opposition. For our exhortation does not come from error or impurity or by way of deceit; but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who examines our hearts." 1 Thessalonians 2:2-4

"But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil." 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22

These verses made me think about how we (in the US) as Christians have so much freedom to be bold in speaking the gospel... it shamed me to think how weak I have been at times - letting myself, fear, or something hold me back from what I should share. I have no excuse... How I pray for a boldness from God to speak Truth in Love no matter the circumstances, the person... to do as He has commanded. After all what we are sharing is GOOD NEWS! It brings life to those who embrace it... and even if they do not we at least in hope and in love shared... & hopefully planted a seed that will bloom later in their heart.

Here Paul mentions after being mistreated & suffering they were still bold even amid much opposition! Desiring to tell others the great gift and message we as Christians have been entrusted with - and they spoke not as pleasing to men, speaking words that make them feel good about their sinful state... but speaking truth that has the power to save & bring good to those who believe. They spoke not for their own glory... they spoke to please God who examines and knows our hearts.

There are those (as I have mentioned before) who like to take bits of truth and mix it with deception... misleading people away from the Truth. I love how we are exhorted to examine everything carefully! EVERYTHING! And to hold fast to that which is good - not meaning that which we like to hear but that which is truth- good. Too many times we can become guilty of just believing whatever we hear, read or are taught... Humans are fallible... and some seek to deceive (knowingly or unknowingly). We have to examine what others claim to be truth against what is truth - the Word! If you hear something in a sermon and get this feeling like it just doesn't sound right... check things out for yourself... If you are reading a book and it is instructing you or teaching you something that does not coincide with Scripture even though it says it is a Christian book... put it down and search out the truth of the Word. Whatever the case may be (by hearing, reading, seeing...) check it out, examine it carefully. Not seeking to find or prove what you want to hear but what is the black and white truth of the Word. Remember to always look at the Word in context... There are those who like to take a verse and twist it this way or that so that the way they interpret it does not even resemble the intent and meaning of the verse.

I know I may seem to be stressing this point a lot but I really don't think you can stress it too much. In our current times we are being bombarded with half truths, deception, lies... We have to choose to search out for ourselves, to educate ourselves - that we may know and understand and have great insight into what is TRUTH and what is best... Not what the world or even those who claim to be shepherds say.... because there are false teachers out there! Believe me I have heard them speak, I have seen their words... and it doesn't line up with the Truth!

This is something that troubles me, that really gets me going... these false teachers. When I think of the many who are seeking and are being mislead it just tears me up. Please, please read the Word for yourself. Study it, know it, live it! Cling to what is good and abstain from every form of evil, as this is right & pleasing to God. Not to mention it is so much more freeing living in the Spirit than living a life of the flesh/sin.

Seek, Study, Know & Live it!!!

PS- ok I know I said briefly, but - well I tried!

0 Remarks:

Related Posts with Thumbnails